I recently listened to Martin Seligman's TedTalk, The New Era of Positive Psychology, because so many people ask me how to increase happiness and/or satisfaction in their life. Research now shows ways we can increase our satisfaction or happiness, by looking at habits of positive people.
Here is a list of the most common habits:
- Building relationships: connecting and sharing with people.
- Kindness: doing or caring for others
- Exercise: regular exercise releases chemicals (Endorpins) which trigger positive feelings.
- Flow/Strengths: reaching goals and challenging ourselves around our skills and strengths.
- Spirituality/Meaning: this can be religion or finding a greater meaning in our lives.
- Positive Mindset: gratitude, find ways to appreciate all that you have (small or large)
I challenge each of you this week to incorporate one (or more) of these habits into your daily routine.